- Thanksgiving was first celebrated in the U.S. in 1789.
- The birthstone for November is the topaz.
- John F. Kennedy was assassinated in November 1963.
- Lincoln’s Gettysburg address was given in November 1863.
- The ancient Roman calendar listed November as the ninth month.
- The US and Canada celebrate the end of WWI on November 11.
- Presidents Harding and Polk differed in age by 70 years, but they were both born on November 2.
- Winter once began on November 11, according to the calendar of ancient Rome.
- November was called “Blood Month” by the ancient Saxons because that was the month they sacrificed animals to their gods.
Know any other November fun facts?